- Talk with your adviser
- Watch videos by DUS students
- Use online DUS resources for exploration
- DUS videos and worksheets to explore interests
- Talk with College Representatives and faculty members in the field. Prepare a list of questions and go to office hours.
- Use the Undergraduate Bulletin for information about majors and requirements. Search majors by interest area, college, and campus by using the filters.
- Look at majors in each Penn State College
- Use the Undergraduate Bulletin to read course descriptions for the major's upper-level courses using the links on the Suggested Academic Plans of courses
- What can I do with this major?
- Learn about careers in the Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Take a class to help explore the major - see Classes to Explore Majors course list in this module
- Attend lectures in relevant courses (with instructor permission)
- Videos of alumni talking about their careers
- Take the Counselor Education (cn ed) 100 course offered by Career Services for career exploration
- Go to Career Services to discuss careers and majors with counselors, use MyPlan to know about your interests, abilities and values as they relate to careers
Go and Do
- Attend information sessions and fairs
- Join a club or student organization related to the major
- Shadow someone in the field or career
- Volunteer or do an internship experience in a job that interests you