We engage, inspire, and prepare students for success.
Penn State Altoona's mission is to cultivate a vibrant learning environment through excellence in teaching, research, creative activities, outreach, and the advancement of personal, social, and intellectual growth, and to empower a diverse student body with the knowledge and skills to be critical thinkers, lifelong learners, and civically engaged global citizens
Penn State Altoona strives to advance the passions of each student, faculty, and staff member in a supportive, inclusive, ethical, and sustainable community. We will offer students an accessible education, individualized experiences, and lifelong learning skills to forge their own pathways to personal and professional success.
Penn State Values
- Integrity: We act with integrity and honesty in accordance with the highest academic, professional, and ethical standards.
- Respect: We respect and honor the dignity of each person, embrace civil discourse, and foster a diverse and inclusive community.
- Responsibility: We act responsibly, and we are accountable for our decisions, actions, and consequences.
- Discovery: We seek and create new knowledge and understanding, and foster creativity and innovation, for the benefit of our communities, society, and the environment.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in all our endeavors as individuals, an institution, and a leader in higher education.
- Community: We work together for the betterment of our University, the communities we serve, and the world.