All DUS advisers and some faculty advisers use Starfish to schedule appointments. If your assigned adviser does not use Starfish for appointments, contact the adviser via email or go to their office hours.
To schedule an appointment using Starfish
- Log into Starfish and click on “Home."
- Find “My Success Network” in the navigation pane.
This will show you all your instructors and adviser. You can make an appointment with your adviser from their Individual profiles.
- Click Schedule Appointment link.
Calendar (left-hand side) will show dates with open appointment times. Days in bold-face are the ones available for scheduling.
- Click the + icon next to the appointment time that fits your schedule.
- Select a Reason for the appointment.
- Type a detailed description for the meeting to help the adviser best prepare for the meeting.
Once you create the appointment, Starfish will send you an email confirming the appointment and will also send you a reminder closer to the appointment time. Your “Dashboard” will show the new appointment that you have created.
To cancel an appointment
Click the “x” in the upper right of the appointment block on your Dashboard.
If you do need to cancel, please do so well in advance and give your adviser some reasons why the appointment is being canceled.
A short video explaining how to schedule an appointment (click on How to Schedule an Appointment - Desktop).