It is possible to late drop a class (after the drop/add period - first week of the semester) to remove it from your schedule. Discuss it with your instructor, adviser, and the Financial Aid office before late dropping a course on LionPATH.
Consult the late drop checklist.
The late drop deadline date is listed on the academic calendar.
If you are having difficulty in a math or chemistry course, a drop in sequence may be an alternative to a late drop. See your adviser or instructor for more information.
- Have you discussed your grade and course progress with the instructor?
- Is it a course required for my major?
- Is it an entrance to major requirement?
- How many credits will I have on my schedule? 12 or more for full time status, 11 or less is part-time status
- How will my student aid be impacted?
Additional information about dropping courses.
Tutorial to drop a course