Use the Undergraduate Bulletin’s Suggested Academic Plans of courses as a guide for course selection.
If undecided about a major, a combination of general education courses and an introductory course for a major under consideration are options.
PSU 003 First-Year Seminar is a one-credit course taken by students during the first or second semester.
Be prepared for when you meet with an adviser:
- Review the Course Planning Guide
- Use the Bulletin’s Suggested Academic Plans
- Prepare a list of courses that you plan to take
- List questions that you want to discuss with an adviser
Students register for courses using LionPATH. Tutorials are available.
General Education: Categories of classes in which students can gain skills and knowledge related to or outside of the chosen field of study. Students can use general education courses to explore subjects that interest them. The categories of general education classes are listed in the following groupings.
- Writing and Speaking (GWS)
- Quantification (GQ)
- Health and Wellness (GHW)
- Natural Sciences (GN)
- Arts (GA)
- Humanities (GH)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (GS)
- Inter-domain Courses
- Linked Courses