Your Health and Wellness Center
Located in the Sheetz Family Health Center, the Penn State Altoona Health and Wellness Center is available for all students!
Health and Wellness Center staff are here to care for students' health issues in an atmosphere of confidentiality and respect. The Health and Wellness Center is located at the Sheetz Family Health Center. The center offers medical care and treatment for most illnesses and minor injuries as well as counseling and psychological services, student disability resources, and health education. Contact the Health and Wellness Center at 814-949-5540 with any questions.
Information about Health Services
- No need to travel! Located on campus.
- Cheaper co-pays than going to urgent care facilities.
- Co-pays and deductibles are billed directly to your Bursar Account.
- Uninsured? The visit fee is only $25.
- Prompt service: Same-day appointments are usually available.
- Evening hours are available with an in-house doctor.
Rapid testing with same-day results is available during business hours. Please call 814-949-5540 to schedule an appointment.
Medical and Telehealth Services
Penn State Altoona’s Health and Wellness Center is open for scheduled medical appointments only on the following days and times:
- Monday from 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday from 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday from 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Thursday from 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Friday from 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Information for the Spring 2022 Semester
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is offering in-person and tele-counseling appointments. Office hours are Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays from 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. and Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. Please call 814-949-5540 to schedule an appointment. Online scheduling for CAPS is currently unavailable.
- Crisis/emergency and after-hours mental health concerns are advised to call the Penn State Crisis Line at 877-229-6400.
- Student Disability Resources is providing services in-person and remotely through Zoom and phone for students seeking classroom accommodations. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- AWARE programming will be conducted by Zoom. Call to schedule intakes as directed by the Office of Student Conduct or Residence Life.
- All people entering the Center must wear a mask and use the hand sanitizer available. Unless you are scheduled for a sick visit with Health Services, please call to reschedule your in-person appointment if you are feeling unwell.
Health Services is committed to promoting health, wellness, and safety at Penn State Altoona and the surrounding community by providing quality medical care.
Counseling and Psychological Services
The Counseling Center is staffed by licensed counselors who provide both individual counseling and case management services. The Center's staff is dedicated to assisting students in their pursuit of personal and academic growth, helping students gain a better understanding and appreciation of themselves, and supporting students as they make important decisions about their lives.
Student Disability Resources
Penn State Altoona is committed to providing a welcoming, encouraging, and empowering environment for students with disabilities to ensure equal access, full participation, and reasonable accommodations for their academic pursuits. Student Disability Resources is responsible for coordinating support services, reasonable academic accommodations, and promoting disability awareness in the university community.
Through Health Education, we strive to help students gain knowledge and skills to make proactive decisions, promoting their health and well-being.