If you have an emergency, please dial 911. The national and state mandates continue to change rapidly, so please check the Penn State Altoona website as well as Penn State’s Coronavirus Information site.
Information for the Fall 2020 Semester
- Tele-Health and Tele-Counseling now available
- Student Disability Resources is providing services remotely through zoom and phone for students seeking classroom accommodations.
- AWARE programming will be conducted by zoom. Call to schedule intakes as directed by the Office of Student Conduct or Residence Life.
- Online Scheduling will be temporarily unavailable, please call the Center at 814-949-5540 for scheduling needs.
- Please no walk-ins. Due to COVID-19 and the need to pre-screen students prior entering the Health and Wellness Center for appointments, all students must call ahead.
- All people entering the Center must wear a mask and use the hand sanitizer available.
Health and Wellness Center staff are here to care for students' health issues in an atmosphere of confidentiality and respect. The Health and Wellness Center is located at the Sheetz Family Health Center. The center offers medical care and treatment for most illnesses and minor injuries as well as counseling and psychological services, student disability resources, and health education. Contact the Health and Wellness Center at 814-949-5540 with any questions.
Health Services is committed to promoting health, wellness, and safety at Penn State Altoona and the surrounding community by providing quality medical care.
Counseling and Psychological Services
The Counseling Center is staffed by licensed counselors who provide both individual counseling and case management services. The Center's staff is dedicated to assisting students in their pursuit of personal and academic growth, to help students gain a better understanding and appreciation of themselves, and to support students as they make important decisions about their lives.
Student Disability Resources
Penn State Altoona is committed to providing a welcoming, encouraging, and empowering environment for students with disabilities to ensure equal access, full participation, and reasonable accommodations for their academic pursuits. Student Disability Resources is responsible for coordinating support services, reasonable academic accommodations, and promoting disability awareness in the university community.
Through Health Education, we strive to help students gain knowledge and skills to make proactive decisions, promoting their health and well-being.