A leave of absence allows students to interrupt continuous enrollment (usually for a semester or one year) without having to apply for re-enrollment and without changing the conditions of their academic program.
- The deadline for filing a Leave of Absence Form is the last working day prior to the first day of classes for the semester the leave will begin. Submit the completed form to the Registrar's office.
- A leave of absence is not required for the summer session.
- You will be expected to return to the University according to the conditions of your approved leave.
- If you return to school earlier or later than approved, you must submit an application for e-enrollment.
- You may not enroll in any Penn State courses during a leave of absence.
- You may enroll in courses offered by another accredited institution.
- Students receiving federal financial aid loans are considered to be in an "out of school status" and may use their loan repayment grace period and could possibly enter loan repayment. Borrowers should check first with their loan servicer. Go to the Student Aid office for more information.