Full-time status is twelve credits or more.
Most students take fifteen to seventeen credits per semester to graduate in four years.
Part-time status is eleven credits or less.
LionPATH allows students to enroll in up to nineteen credits per semester. Additional credits can be added starting on the first day of the semester.
Information about taking more than nineteen credits is available on the Registrar's office website, and it states:
Adding a course that will take a student over nineteen credits for the semester.
- Beginning fall 2023, will result in a tuition surcharge
- Cannot be processed until the first day of classes
- Approval of the adviser is recommended
- $6.00 fee for each transaction after the regular add period
Process to Add a Credit Overload:
- Obtain the Class Number from the Schedule of Courses.
- In the LionPATH Student Center, click the "Enroll" link under Academics, and then choose the "Add" subtab to add a course.
- In person using a Registration Drop/Add Form. Submit the form to the Registrar's office.
Effective spring 2022, students who have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 can enroll for up to twenty-four credits.