Online courses and degrees are offered by the World Campus. Some Penn State campuses also offer online courses, especially in the summer. Courses, such as math, which are offered by the World Campus are reserved for students who complete their whole degree online.
Considerations for taking an online course:
- Flexible time and location for coursework
- Be responsible to complete coursework
- As rigorous as a traditional course
- Need a reliable computer and internet access
- May need a textbook
- Avoid distractions from assignments
- Online tutoring may be available
- Coursework format varies by instructor
- Students average 8-12 hours of work per week for a three-credit course
- Submit assignments online; may have proctored tests
- May cost less
Take a Survey to help you assess your characteristics for success in an online course
To view web classes on the schedule of courses, select "Web" as the mode of instruction in the Additional Search Criteria area. Some web courses have requirements to be eligible to take the course. Look at the course details and description in the schedule of courses for more details.