- For website and marketing materials, spell out numbers lower than 100. For news releases, spell out numbers lower than 10.
- Ages should be expressed in numerals.
- Use either a figure or a word—not both: five rooms, not five (5) rooms.
Dates and Times
- For website and marketing materials, spell out the full day and month. For news releases, spell out the full day and abbreviate the month.
- Never use "st," "nd," "rd," or "th." Use “December 3,” not “December 3rd.”
- For times, always spell out full time and use lower case a.m./p.m. with periods. If both beginning and end times have the same a.m./p.m., only include once.
- Monday, August 23, 2021
- Monday through Wednesday, August 23–24, 2021
- 8:00 a.m.
- 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- 3:00–5:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 23, from 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Note: News releases use different standards for dates and times. Most months are abbreviated. Times do not include ":00" and are separated by "to" rather than a hyphen.
- Website and marketing materials: "The event will take place on Tuesday, August 24, from 2:00–3:00 p.m."
- News release: "The event will take place from 2 to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 24."