The Oral Presentation Section of the Penn State Altoona Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities Fair is designed for undergraduate students whose scholarly endeavors are most suited to oral presentations/conference-style presentations.
Individual and collaborative presentations are acceptable. However, participants in a winning collaborative presentation must split the prize money.
- Each presentation must be no longer than 15 minutes (and should be at least 12 minutes).
- The most successful presentations will clearly present the main points of your project. Without overwhelming the audience with detail, you should offer examples to illustrate those main points. The presentation should show careful organizational work and it should be obvious that you have practiced it.
- Each presenter should be prepared to answer questions about his or her presentation.
- Limited A/V facilities can be provided: please indicate your needs on the entry form.
Each oral presentation entry must include a 250-word abstract or description. The abstract should include a concise explanation of the argument and information you will offer in your presentation. This abstract will be made available to the judges before the presentation.
Oral Presentation Entry Form Directions
Please complete and submit the following form. Please type the information. NO HANDWRITTEN SUBMISSIONS.
Penn State Student ID:
Additional Presenter Information
Instructor/Research Adviser Information
Please give the following information about your instructor/research adviser:
Second Instructor/ Research Adviser Information
If you had a second instructor/research Adviser, please fill in the information below:
Have you completed the CITI/SARI online course required of undergraduates performing independent research (beyond coursework) that may lead to, or be included in, a publication or be disseminated to a scientific audience at a research exhibition, scientific meeting or conference?
__ Yes __ No
If Yes, please indicate the professor who directed you to undertake this online course:
If No, please indicate the professor with whom you discussed this requirement. Please know that such a discussion MUST occur and that faculty who supervise undergraduate research should determine whether their students’ activities constitute research as defined by Penn State:
Please fill in the following information about your project
Area Of Entry: (Most related to your project, not necessarily your major)
- Arts and Humanities Behavioral Sciences Business
- Computing/Information Technology Engineering
- Health and Life Sciences Mathematics
- Physical Sciences Social Sciences
- Visual and Performing Arts
Title of Project:
Project Abstract (not to exceed 250 words):