Stop by and chat with a provider from the Health and Wellness Center on the following dates and times:
- Thursday, September 21, at 6:00 p.m. in Spruce Residence Hall
- Thursday, September 21, at 7:00 p.m. in Cedar Residence Hall
Your Health and Wellness Center
Located in the Sheetz Family Health Center, the Penn State Altoona Health and Wellness Center is available for all students!
Health and Wellness Center staff are here to care for students' health issues in an atmosphere of confidentiality and respect. The Health and Wellness Center is located at the Sheetz Family Health Center. The center offers medical care and treatment for most illnesses and minor injuries, counseling and psychological services, and health education. Contact the Health and Wellness Center at 814-949-5540 with any questions.
Information about Health Services
- No need to travel! Located on campus.
- Cheaper co-pays than going to urgent care facilities.
- Co-pays and deductibles are billed directly to your Bursar Account.
- Uninsured? Office visits are available (costs vary).
- Prompt service: Same-day appointments are usually available.
- Evening hours are available with an in-house doctor.
Rapid testing with same-day results is available during business hours. Please call 814-949-5540 to schedule an appointment.
- Monday from 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday from 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday from 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Thursday from 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Friday from 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Health Services is committed to promoting health, wellness, and safety at Penn State Altoona and the surrounding community by providing quality medical care.
Counseling and Psychological Services
The Counseling Center is staffed by licensed counselors who provide both individual counseling and case management services. The Center's staff is dedicated to assisting students in their pursuit of personal and academic growth, helping students gain a better understanding and appreciation of themselves, and supporting students as they make important decisions about their lives.
Through Health Education, we strive to help students gain knowledge and skills to make proactive decisions, promoting their health and well-being.