Thriving Campus Resources
Penn State Counseling and Psychological Services provides short-term individual services. We often refer students with ongoing or chronic conditions to local providers. To find a private practitioner in the local community, visit the Thriving Campus site for Penn State Altoona.
Blair County Services
Alternative Community Resource Program (ACRP): 814-942-9425
- Counseling, Medication Management, Psychological Evaluations
- 3010 7th Avenue Altoona, PA 16602
Blair Family Solutions: 814-944-9970
- Counseling (open as of May 2022) and Medication Management (booked until August 2022)
- 705 12th Street, Altoona, PA 16602
- UPMC and medical assistance
Family Services, Inc.: 814-944-3583
- 2022 Broad Avenue, Altoona, PA 16601
UPMC Behavioral Health of the Alleghenies (Formerly Home Nursing Agency): 814- 943-0414
- Individual Counseling, Blended Case Management, Drug and Alcohol Services, Medication Management, Peer Support.
- No longer has an adult partial hospitalization program.
- Center for Counseling, 500 E Chestnut Ave, Altoona, PA 16601
- Walk-in for intakes: Monday–Friday from 8:00–11:00 a.m.
- Accepts most health insurance. Does not accept Tricare, Medicare, Aetna. Blue Cross requires a scheduled appointment for intakes.
Nulton Diagnostic and Treatment Center: 814-944-4722
- Counseling, Psychological Evaluations, Medication Management, Blended Case Management
- Please note: their evaluations for ADHD do not meet our criteria for ADHD medication management or Student Disability Resources
- Regency Square, 2900 Plank Road, Altoona, PA 16602
Primary Health Network Counseling and Psychiatry Services: 814-942-5000
- Accepts all insurances.
- Not currently accepting medication management for adults, children only.
- They have a cancellation list, and if they cannot schedule a new patient within a reasonable time frame, they will offer additional resources.
Psychologists and Psychological Evaluation Providers
Wayne D’Agaro, Psy.D.: 814-944-8505
- Rehabilitation and Neuropsychology (psychological evaluations)- MLAT, LD, and psychological assessments.
- 3701 Burgoon Road, Altoona, PA 16601
- Does not accept Aetna
Richard Petroski, Ph.D.: 814-696-9611
- Licensed Psychologist, Evaluation Only
- 1301 Allegheny Street, Suite 121, Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
- P.O. Box 398, Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
- Does not accept Medicare
Debra Haldeman, Ph.D.: 814-569-1072
- Counseling and Psychological Evaluations
- Blair Medical Associates, UPMC Station Medical Center, 1414 9th Ave, Altoona, Pa. 16602
Catherine Spayd, Ph.D.: 814-693-0617
- One-time psychological evaluations and neuropsychological testing only
- 841 Third Avenue, Duncansville, PA 16635
- Accepts Medicare, Medicaid, Highmark, UPMC, Aetna, Optum, Geisinger.
- No counseling openings as of May 2022.
Tracy Dutko, Ph.D.: 814-312-3459
- 1216 Pleasant Valley Boulevard, Altoona, PA 16602
- Does not accept Medical Assistance. Accepts BCBS, Aetna, Signa, UPMC, United
Marcy Rowland, Ph.D.: 814-650-9515
- 511 Allegheny St, Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
Dr. Mary Berge and Associates: 814-535-8586
- Counseling and Psychological Evaluations (Dr. Carnevale).
- No medication management.
- Accepts most insurances. Does not accept Aetna, Optum, Geisinger
- 1765 Goucher Street Suite 150, Johnstown, PA 15905
Private Practice Counselors
Ann Marie Norris: 814-330-3940
- 509 Allegheny Street Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
- Telehealth currently
- Accepting new patients as of May 2022
- Works well with college students, anxiety, depression, adjustment, relationships
- Accepts Highmark, UPMC, UBH, Geisinger, Optum
Pam Root Baechle, MSW, MA, LSW: 814-695-2776
- 511 Allegheny Street, Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
- Not accepting new patients as of May 2022.
Wendy Crayosky, MSW, LSW: 814-693-6500
- 212 Allegheny St., Rear, Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
Steven Hand: 814-942-7010
- 304 Frankstown Road, Altoona, PA 16602
- Health insurances accepted: Highmark, UPMC, Geisinger, Optum, Magellan, Aetna
- Not accepting new patients as of May 2022
Rebekah Morris, MSW: 814-695-0100
- 518 Allegheny St., Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
- Wait time is 3-4 months as of May 2022
Diane Murray, MA, MSW, and Jack Murray, MA, MSW: 814-695-7942
- 206 Allegheny Street, Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
Bethany Miller, LPC: 814-201-7271
- 317 Union Street, Suite 104, Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
- Accepts Higmark BCBS, Optum, UPMC, Geisinger.
Terri Grove, LPC: 814-932-6591
- 615 Howard Ave, Altoona, PA 16601
- Accepting new patients as of May 2022.
- Health insurances accepted: UPMC, Highmark, VBH, Aetna, UHC, Magellan, Geisinger
Tara Banks, LPC: 814-808-9538
- Counseling (Christian Counseling if preferred)
- 117 Olde Farm Office Road, Suite 204 Duncansville, PA 16635
- The waitlist is two months as of May 2022. Conducts telehealth and in-person appointments.
- Accepts all commercial health insurance. Does not accept Medicare or Medicaid.
Dave Knapp, LCSW: 814-944-9534
- Adult Counseling and Drug and Alcohol Counseling
- 615 Howard Avenue, Suite 214, Altoona, PA 16601
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Providers
Blair Drug and Alcohol Partnerships: 814-381-0921
- Provides assessments for drug and alcohol treatment, case management, and other various services.
- 3001 Fairway Drive, Altoona, PA 16602
LaRocco Counseling, Inc.: 814-946-5179
- Group and Individual Counseling, in-person and telehealth options.
- Accepting new patients as of May 2022. Accepts all insurances.
- 1218 Pleasant Valley Blvd, Suite C, Altoona, PA 16601
UPMC Behavioral Health of the Alleghenies: 814-943-0414
- Group and individual counseling
- 500 East Chestnut Ave, Altoona, PA 16601
Pyramid Outpatient: 814-204-0066
- IOP, MAT, Partial Hospitalization for D&A
- 2 Sellers Drive, Altoona, PA 16601
IMPACT Counseling: 814-695-2200
- Group and individual counseling
- 413 Montgomery Street, Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
- D&A and MH counseling no waitlist as of May 2022
Centre County Services
Independent Psychology and Psychotherapy Practices of 141 East Fairmont: 814-234-3464
- Counseling: Eleven counselors on staff
- 141 East Fairmont Ave, State College, PA 16801
- Accepts most insurances
Sunpointe Health: 814-867-0670
- Counseling and Psychiatry
- 320 Rolling Ridge Dr. Suite 100, State College, PA 16201
- Accepts most insurances. Not taking Medicaid for Adults
- Accepting new patients for counseling services, possibly taking intakes for medication management as of May 2022
- Majority of appointments are telehealth
Scenery Park Psychology Group: 814-237-0551
- Counseling: three full-time doctors, three part-time doctors; Telehealth
- 110 Regent Court Suite 103, State College, PA 16801
- Accepts most insurances
- Two- to three-week waitlist as of May 2022
American Family Psychiatry: 814-954-7251 (fax: 814-954-7253)
- Psychiatry and Counseling available
- 251 Easterly Parkway, Suite 201, State College, PA 16801
- Accepts BC/BS, CCBH, Aetna, Cigna, Medicare, UPMC
University Park: 814-863-0395
- Center for Counseling and Psychological Services
- 501 Student Health Center, University Park, PA 16802
Serenity Wellness Center: 814-206-7624
- 2011 Cato Ave., State College, PA 16801
- Holistic approach
- Three-month wait as of May 2022
Rise Counseling: 814-409-7744
- 103 E. Beaver, Suite 2, State College, PA 16801
- Accepts most insurances, including student insurance, excluding Medicaid and Medicare
- Monday–Friday from 9:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
Centre Counseling and Wellness: 814-308-0704
- 315 S. Allen Street, Suite 326, State College, PA 16801
- Provides Christian Counseling
- Elizabeth Mason does EMDR and trauma counseling
The Highlands: 814-238-1880
- Counseling: Twelve therapists
- 229 W. Foster Ave, State College, PA 16801
Individual and Family Choices: 814-237-0567
- 2214 N. Atherton Street, Suite 4, State College, PA 16801
- Trauma and mood disorder counseling, outpatient counseling, neurofeedback technician available
The Healing Room: Kathy Gates and Carrie Schwartz: 814-308-8375
- Counseling: Telehealth only
- 2023 Cato Avenue, State College, PA 16801
- Trauma and mood disorder counseling
- *Accepting new patients as of May 2022
Forward Path Counseling (formerly Centre Marriage and Family counseling): 814-531-5659
- Psychiatry Only
- 315 South Allen Street, Suite 326 State College, PA 16801
Guiding Light Health, Dr. Dmitry Valinsky, MD: 814-753-4422 (fax: 866-299-2511)
- Psychiatry only
- 1315 S. Allen Street, Suite 104, State College, PA 16801
- Accepts AmeriHealth, Aetna, Highmark BC/BS, Coventry, and Keystone.
- Does not accept Cigna, Medical Assistance, UPMC, Geisinger
- *Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
- All telemedicine appts, taking new patients as of May 2022.
Cambria County Services
Cambria County Mental Health Center: 814-535-8531
- Case Mgt, Early intervention, Behavioral Health, Intellectual Disabilities
- 110 Franklin Street Suite 400, Johnstown, PA 15901
- Accepts MA
Alternative Community Resource Program (ACRP): 814-472-9330
- 118 High Street, Ebensburg, Pa 15931, Johnstown, PA 15901
- Provides outpatient counseling, medication management, outpatient psychiatric services, partial hospitalization, peer support