- Minimum college GPA of 2.0
- Some Penn State programs and campuses have additional requirements or deadlines that need to be met in order to be considered for admission. To review the eligibility requirements for Penn State’s programs, visit:
Will My Credits Transfer?
Accepted transfer students will receive a detailed credit evaluation with their mailed acceptance letter. You can preview this credit evaluation by using our online Transfer Credit Tool.
If a course completed at another institution is not yet in Penn State’s online database, applicants can submit a course syllabus for faculty review and a more thorough evaluation. At a minimum, students are likely to receive general transfer credit, which can be applied toward Penn State degree requirements at the discretion of your academic adviser.
Usability of Transfer Coursework
There are a few different ways you can determine how your college-level coursework will count toward a Penn State degree:
- Online Transfer Credit Tool
The Transfer Credit Tool lets you preview how courses from another institution will transfer to Penn State. If a specific course can't be found, keep in mind that you have the opportunity to submit a syllabus for further review. Once you've completed your search, save and print the results for future reference or when communicating with a program coordinator.
- Suggested Academic Plans
Visit the Undergraduate Bulletin to learn more about the 275+ majors offered at Penn State. After selecting your intended major, review the Suggested Academic Plan, which showcases the coursework needed to complete the degree.
- Contact the Program Coordinator
Contact the Program Coordinator of your intended major for in-depth information about the degree. This information can also be found at bulletins.psu.edu after selecting your intended major and clicking Contact.
What is the maximum number of credits I may transfer?
- This number varies among majors.
- For baccalaureate degree students, 36 of the last 60 credits must be from Penn State.
- For associate degree students, 18 of the last 30 credits must be from Penn State.
Applicants can find more information about transferring credits on the Undergraduate Admission site.