Am I considered a transfer student?
You are a transfer student if you have attempted or completed 18 or more credits from a regionally accredited college or university after high school graduation.
How to Apply as a Transfer Student
Required Application Materials
For a complete transfer application, you must submit the following:
- The online application and application fee (Ask about an application fee waiver for attending a virtual appointment or in-person campus visit.)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions where coursework was attempted
- Official military transcripts (if applicable)
- Official dual enrollment transcripts (if applicable)
- Please note that official high school transcripts and/or GED transcripts are not required to review a student's application. These documents are required of all transfer students accepting offers of admission to Penn State. Final high school/GED transcripts must be received prior to a student's enrollment.
Submitting Application Materials
After completing the online application, send official college transcripts and any other supporting documents to:
The Pennsylvania State University
Undergraduate Admissions Office
201Shields Building, Box 3000
University Park, PA 16802
If your school requires an email address to send a transcript electronically, please use [email protected].