Am I considered a transfer student?
You are a transfer student if you have attempted or completed 18 or more credits from a regionally accredited college or university after high school graduation.
Required Application Materials
For a complete transfer application, you must submit:
- Online application
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institution where coursework was attempted
- Official military transcripts (if applicable)
- No high school and GED transcripts are required at the time of application.
- Minimum college GPA of 2.0
- While transfer students are required to supply the above materials to complete their application, some Penn State programs and campuses have additional requirements or deadlines that need to be met in order to be considered for admission. To review the eligibility requirements for Penn State’s programs, visit:
Submit Additional Materials
After completing the online application, send your
- college transcripts from all Universities attended,
- course syllabi for all college courses taken,
- and any other supporting documents to:
The Pennsylvania State University
Undergraduate Admissions Office
201Shields Building, Box 3000
University Park, PA 16802
Choosing a Major
You can choose a major when completing the online application.