NORTH BOSTON, N.Y. — On the fourth day of NCAA Division III Week on Thursday, April 16, the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference released its All-Sportsmanship teams for winter and spring sports.
All teams that compete for an AMCC championship select one member from each of their rosters who displays good sportsmanship throughout the season to be included on the All-Sportsmanship team. These individuals are selected by a vote of their teammates.
The student-athlete selected by each team must consistently demonstrate a high level of ethical conduct, respect and fair play in both practice and competition, whether on the sidelines or as an active competitor. Such sportsmanship shall be evident toward teammates, coaches, opponents, officials and fans. The player must also serve as a positive representative of school spirit when a spectator at other teams' sporting events.
Between winter and spring sports, a total of nine Penn State Altoona student-athletes were selected as representatives to the AMCC’s All-Sportsmanship teams. Those student-athletes are:
- Men’s basketball: sophomore Dominic Frucella (Duncansville, PA/Hollidaysburg)
- Women’s basketball: senior Kaley Strittmatter (Williamsburg, PA/Penn Cambria)
- Women’s bowling: junior Sierra Snigier (Seaford, DE/Seaford)
- Men’s swimming: sophomore Bryce Bauer (Tyrone, PA/Tyrone)
- Women’s swimming: freshman Avery Heisey (Lancaster, PA/CAPA)
- Men’s Volleyball: senior Tanner Yaw (Palmyra, PA/Palmyra)
- Baseball: freshman Brodie Harbaugh (New Paris, PA/Chestnut Ridge)
- Softball: junior Olivia Miller (West Newton, PA/Yough)
- Men’s tennis: senior Andrew Ung (Upper Chichester, PA/Chichester)