ALTOONA, Pa. — Penn State Altoona Director of Athletics Brent Baird has announced the formation of the Penn State Altoona Athletics Advisory Council.
The 16-member council consists of former student-athletes and supporters spanning the entire history of Penn State Altoona athletics. The Athletics Advisory Council’s objective will be supporting the mission and vision of Penn State Altoona’s NCAA Division III Intercollegiate Athletics program.
“I am excited about the formation of this advisory council. It is the next step in the development of our department,” Baird stated. “This group will help us engage with the community and our alumni to build a program that we can continually be proud of.”
Providing guidance for success within the council are four subcommittees: Student-Athlete Engagement, Development and Alumni Relations, Community Relations and Engagement, and a Hall of Fame Committee. Each subcommittee will be tasked to serve a distinct demographic of the Penn State Altoona Athletics community.
Current Lions head golf coach Tom Koehle, a 2003 alumnus, will serve as the first chair of the Athletics Advisory Council, as well as the Development and Alumni Relations committee.
Other members include:
- C. David Kimmel, Men’s Basketball manager, 1958-60 — co-chair, Development and Alumni Relations
- Tom Bradley, Men’s Basketball, Baseball, 1967-69 — co-chair, Hall of Fame Committee
- Brooke Martin (Gardner), Women’s Basketball, 2004-06 — co-chair, Hall of Fame Committee
- Haley Crabtree (Crider), Women’s Volleyball, 2006 — co-chair, Community Relations and Engagement Committee
- Pat Miller, Baseball, 1971-72 — co-chair, Community Relations and Engagement Committee
- Denny Clawson, Men’s Basketball, Men’s Golf, 1966-68 — co-chair, Student-Athlete Engagement Committee
- Steve Moritz, Men’s Golf, 2007-09 — co-chair, Student-Athlete Engagement Committee
- Christine Inmon (Slep), Women’s Basketball, 1999-2002
- Patrick Labriola, Men’s Basketball, Baseball, 1967-69
- Fredina Ingold, Retired Director of Athletics, Penn State Altoona, Women’s Basketball, Women’s Volleyball
- Donna Kling, Women’s Basketball, 1985-1986, Women’s Basketball Head Coach, 2005-13
- Ron Hillegass, Wrestling, Baseball, 1972-74
- Martin "MJ" Worsham, Men’s Golf, 2007-09
- Josh Baker, Men’s Basketball, 1997-01
- Cynthia Bernardez, Women’s Cross Country, 2004-08
More announcements from the Penn State Altoona Athletics Advisory Council will be forthcoming. Any community members, alumni, or former student-athletes interested in assisting committees or serving as a future council member can contact Tom Koehle at 814-330-1397 or email@example.com.