After the withdrawal period has passed for a semester/session/term, a student must prepare a petition to withdraw retroactively. (See Policy 56-30) A Retroactive Withdrawal request is when a student is requesting to withdraw from all courses on the transcript for a semester/session/term.
Whatever you cite as the extenuating circumstances that affected your academic performance needs to be documented in some way. Retroactive withdrawal petitions will not be accepted without documentation.
All retroactive withdrawal petitions must include the Student Aid Review for Retroactive Withdrawal.
Please include the following with a Retroactive Withdrawal petition:
- Signed Student Request Letter
- Documentation of the extenuating circumstances beyond your control that affected your academic performance (as cited in your request letter)
- Medical/Psychological Documentation (if applicable) with letterhead and signature
- Death Certificate or Newspaper Obituary (if applicable)
- World Campus adviser letter with recommendation (if petition involves coursework taken through the World Campus)
- One copy of the Withdrawal Form
- The Student Aid Review for Retroactive Withdrawal form (for Domestic students)
- Support letters or emails from faculty/advisers (Strongly Recommended) preferably with signature or email header
More detailed information can be found on the Senate Petition Requests page.