After late drop period has passed for a semester/session/term, students must prepare a petition to late drop a course retroactively. (See Policy 34-89).
Whatever you cite as the extenuating circumstances that affected your academic performance needs to be documented in some way. Retroactive late drop petitions will not be accepted without documentation.
Please include the following with a Retroactive Late Course Drop petition:
- Signed Student Request Letter
- Documentation of the extenuating circumstances beyond your control that affected your academic performance (as cited in your request letter)
- If one of the reasons for the petition is because of a hold on your account, provide documentation of hold
- Medical/Psychological Documentation (if applicable) with letterhead and signature
- Death Certificate or Newspaper Obituary (if applicable)
- Students requesting to late drop a course or courses from a semester/session/term and has passing grades in other courses taken during the same semester/session/term, need to explain why circumstances only affected the course(s) referenced
- World Campus adviser letter with recommendation (if petition involves coursework taken through the World Campus)
- One copy of Registration-Drop/Add Form
- Supporting letters or emails from faculty/advisers (Strongly Recommended) preferably with signature or email header
More detailed information regarding the petition process may be found on the Senate Petition Requests page.