It's never too early to begin thinking about graduation. We want you to avoid the last minute disappointment in discovering that you have not met all of your graduation requirements, so here are a few reminders to assist in your final preparation:
- Meet with your adviser and review your degree audit.
- Apply for graduation in LionPATH (See directions below). Deadlines are posted on each semester’s Academic Calendar.
- Work with your instructors to clear up any deferred grades.
- Be sure to address any registration holds. You can find holds in your Communication Center in LionPATH.
- If you will be taking credits at another institution during your semester of graduation, please consult with your adviser to make sure the course will complete any remaining Penn State degree requirements. (You will not graduate if the transfer course is not received, evaluated, and posted to your record before the graduation deadline)
- Pay attention to your Bursar account. Any unpaid charges may delay receipt of your diploma and/or official transcript
- Be on the lookout for information regarding participation in Penn State Altoona's Commencement Ceremony.
Directions to Apply to Graduate on LionPATH
- Go to LionPATH.
- Scroll down to "Graduation."
- Select either the video or document - Applying for Graduation.
If you receive an error message which states you are not eligible to graduate, please contact our office at 814-949-5035.
Alums Recruiting Future Alums
Alums Recruiting Future Alums is a recruitment program for alumni who attended Penn State Altoona, whether they graduated from Penn State Altoona or transitioned to another Penn State campus. By joining this program, you will be assisting the Office of Admission in recruiting new students to Penn State Altoona. Becoming a member not only provides opportunities to share your love for Penn State, but also to create meaningful connections with potential Penn Staters!