NORTH BOSTON, N.Y. – On Thursday, April 4 the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference released its 2018-19 Winter All-Sportsmanship Team, which includes five Penn State Altoona student-athletes.
The AMCC’s announcement of its Winter All-Sportsmanship Team is part of the conference’s celebration of NCAA Division III Week. The league has announced special academic, community service, and sportsmanship recognitions each day this week, promoting student-athletes’ accomplishments across the conference.
All teams that compete for an AMCC championship select one member from each of their rosters who displays good sportsmanship throughout the season to be included on the All-Sportsmanship Team. These individuals are selected by vote of their teammates.
The student-athlete selected by each team must consistently demonstrate a high level of ethical conduct, respect, and fair play in both practice and competition, whether on the sidelines or as an active competitor. Such sportsmanship shall be evident toward teammates, coaches, opponents, officials, and fans. The player must also serve as a positive representative of school spirit when a spectator at other teams' sporting events.
The five Penn State Altoona winter sport student-athletes selected by their teammates to the AMCC All-Sportsmanship Team are:
- Men’s Basketball: senior Marshall Higley (Sayre, PA/Sayre)
- Women’s Basketball: junior Kaley Strittmatter (Williamsburg, PA/Penn Cambria)
- Women’s Bowling: senior Nicole Watt (Altoona, PA/Bishop Guilfoyle)
- Men’s Swimming: freshman Tyler Stauss (Voorhees, NJ/Eastern Regional)
- Women’s Swimming: sophomore Hannah Kimmick (Greensburg, PA/Hempfield)