The Steven A. Adler Athletic Complex is a hub of student activity at Penn State Altoona. The Adler Athletic Complex is home to Penn State Altoona's NCAA Division III varsity athletics program. It also acts as the hub for the campus' intramural, recreation, club sports programs, and student life events. It is also the home of the college's four-year kinesiology degree program.
No Penn State ID, No Admission
In accordance with University Policy AD73 Accessing Athletic and Recreational Facilities, all students, faculty, and staff must provide a valid Penn State ID card to gain access to the athletic complex.
Recreation Rules and Regulations
- Play, exercise, and recreate at your own risk.
- Inappropriate, foul/vulgar language or verbal/physical attacks on anyone will not be permitted.
- No open beverage containers, food, gum, or tobacco products are allowed.
- Only sports bottles containing water or sports drinks are allowed in the weight room.
- White or light-soled shoes only (non-marking soled shoes permitted).
- During inclement weather, patrons are asked to change footwear prior to entering recreational areas to help prevent damage to equipment.
- All items should be placed in lockers and not on bleachers.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- All patrons are expected to return equipment (basketball, football, racquetball, etc.) to the front desk attendant and clean the recreational space they were using.
Faculty, staff, and students with a valid Penn State ID are permitted one guest into the Adler Athletic Complex. All guests must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years of age or older
- Register/sign in with the front desk attendant
- Provide a driver's license or photo ID
- Be accompanied at all times by the host
Equipment Sign Out
A variety of equipment is available to patrons of the Adler Athletic Complex free of charge. Faculty, staff, and students may sign out the equipment by providing a valid Penn State ID. Patrons are responsible for any damage to the borrowed equipment. Equipment includes basketball, football, soccer, racquetball, tennis, and softball, among others.
Reliance Bank Fitness Center
- You are exercising at your own risk. Penn State Altoona and its staff are not responsible for any injury which may occur.
- For safety reasons, Penn State Altoona staff has the right to limit the number of people permitted in the weight room at all times. If the number exceeds the registration allotted amount, you will be asked to wait and/or return.
- Only Penn State Altoona students, faculty, staff, or an approved guest 18 years or older are allowed to use the Adler Weight Room. Registration is required.
- All eligible patrons must swipe their Penn State ID at the front desk, cardio center entrance, and weight room entrance of the Adler Athletic Complex.
- Absolutely no book bags, gym bags, or drawstring bags are permitted in the fitness center. There are day-use lockers on both floors of the Reliance Bank Fitness Center, outside the entrance to the weight room, and in the upstairs walkway leading toward the Arena. Please place personal items, book bags, gym bags, and drawstrings in those lockers. You will need to provide your own lock. Please be aware that the Department of Athletics and Recreation is not responsible for any lost or stolen objects. Locks and contents inside lockers will be removed nightly.
- For the health and safety of all users, to prevent skin infections, and to preserve the long-term life of our equipment, all participants must wear proper workout attire. Shirts must be worn at all times. Proper attire includes closed-toe footwear, workout shorts, and a shirt that covers one’s back and chest completely. Jeans, sandals, or clothing that damage padding on benches or may lead to injury are not permitted.
- During inclement weather, patrons are asked to change footwear before entering recreational areas to help prevent damage to equipment.
- Participants must return all weight plates, bars, dumbbells, and clips to the appropriate rack after use. If an individual is caught not returning these items, their privileges to the weight room may be revoked.
- Do not drop weights or dumbells.
- All equipment must remain in its designated area.
- This is your fitness center. Take ownership of the use of the facility. Be responsible and respectful.
- No open beverage containers, food, gum, or tobacco products are allowed. Only sports bottles containing water or sports drinks are allowed in the weight room.
- All equipment must be used in the manner in which it was intended.
- Spotters are required for free-weight bench presses (including military, incline, and decline), shoulder presses, dumbbell presses, and squats.
- All patrons must move through their workouts in a timely manner. Please minimize any socializing so others may benefit from all the various stations.
- All patrons are expected to clean their station after use.
- Photography and videography are not permitted unless prior written approval from the Athletic Director, Director of Recreation, or Assistant Director of Recreation.
- No verbal or physical attacks on anyone will be permitted. Inappropriate behavior will be grounds for immediate removal from the weight room and may impact future admission to the facility.
- Foul and vulgar language will not be tolerated and will result in immediate suspension from the facility.
- Use of outside equipment is restricted to weight belts, gloves, straps, and wraps. Any other device is prohibited without approval from Adler staff.
- Report any damaged equipment or injury to the supervisor on duty.
- Violation of any policy will lead to immediate expulsion from the Reliance Bank Fitness Center and possible suspension of further use.