When applying to Penn State, consider the following:
- Familiarize yourself with campus and academic choices described on the Undergraduate Admission website prior to completing your application.
- Penn State undergraduate admission applications are processed centrally in the Undergraduate Admission Office, 201 Shields Building, University Park, PA 16802. All admission-related forms and documents must be sent to this address to complete your application for admission.
- A complete application, determined by the type of applicant and major selected, is required to provide an admission decision.
- Pay particular attention to application deadlines and/or additional requirements, such as a portfolio or audition, required for admission consideration to some Penn State associate and baccalaureate majors. Additional requirements are described on the Undergraduate Admission Office website.
- All applicants must select a first-choice campus and an alternate choice campus when applying. The Undergraduate Admission Office always tries to accommodate an applicant’s interest in a first choice campus before considering admission to the second choice campus.
- The admission decision considers a number of factors such as the strength of an applicant’s academic record, when the application for admission becomes complete, the campus and major selected, and the competitiveness for admission based on the number of applications to a campus or major versus the number of available spaces.
- Check your MyPennState account regularly for updates on your application status.
- When offered admission, read all documents thoroughly and be sure to respond by the deadlines identified with your offer of admission.
Contact Penn State Altoona’s Office of Admission at [email protected] or 814-949-5466 with any questions.