English majors will ...
- Apply critical, theoretical, and/or disciplinary approaches to the reading and analysis of texts in multiple genres and/or media.
- Analyze the aesthetic and/or cultural significance of the ideas, values, conventions, forms, and genres associated with texts.
- Gather, evaluate, and employ an array of research materials in support of critical studies, and/or creative activity, in ways consistent with standards of academic integrity.
- Demonstrate writing and rhetorical skills appropriate to critical and/or creative tasks in a variety of media and genres.
- Consider representative literary, theoretical, and cultural texts within significant historical, geographical, and cultural contexts.