Students should meet with their academic adviser at least once a semester or more if needed.
Scheduling an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with your assigned DUS adviser:
- Log into Starfish and click on “Home."
- Find “My Success Network” in the navigation pane.
This will show you all your instructors and your adviser. You can make an appointment with your adviser from their Individual profile.
- Click the Schedule Appointment link.
The calendar (left-hand side) will show dates with open appointment times. The days in boldface are the ones available for scheduling.
- Click the + icon next to the appointment time that fits your schedule.
- Select a reason for the appointment.
- Type a detailed meeting description to help the adviser best prepare for the meeting.
Once you create the appointment, Starfish will send you an email confirming the appointment. Starfish will also send a reminder closer to the appointment time. Your “Dashboard” will show the new appointment that you have created.
To cancel the appointment:
Click the “x” in the upper right of the appointment block on your Dashboard.
If you do need to cancel, please do so well in advance and give your adviser some reasons why the appointment is being canceled.
Scheduled Advising Appointments
Meeting duration: 30–45 minutes
Topics for appointments
- Academics interests, majors, minors, and career goals
- Academic plans and progress
- Campus resources
- Change of major or campus
- Course planning and registration information
- Degree audits
- Policies and Procedures
- Transfer credits
Be prepared for your appointment
- Have specific questions prepared
- Take notes on the information provided
- Bring relevant documents, such as a What-if Report