About the Sheetz Fellows Program
The Sheetz Fellows Program was established in 2009 as part of a historic gift to Penn State Altoona by Steve and Nancy Sheetz. Steve and Nancy recognize the importance of diversity and understand the benefit the program would receive by having a more diverse student base.
Sheetz Fellows graduates develop ethical principles and demonstrate intercultural awareness developed throughout the program. Students from different socio-economic, geographic, and cultural backgrounds bring a degree of diversity that the program is striving for and allows Fellows students to learn from one another.
The program was designed to prepare students to be leaders by exposing them to real-world projects through servant leadership activities. The program challenges students to undertake a rigorous and stimulating academic experience while providing them with an experiential education through study abroad, internships, and professional development experiences. The transformative academic development in the program is a hallmark benefit utilized by students of every major.
Requirements to Receive the Scholarship
In order to receive the scholarship, you must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Be fully admitted to Penn State Altoona.
- Be enrolled fully or seeking to be enrolled in the Sheetz Fellows Program at Penn State Altoona. All Sheetz Fellows aspirants and Fellows must be enrolled in ENTR 496. As an incoming freshmen, please schedule ENTR 496 during New Student Orientation (NSO).
- Have a minimum high school GPA of 3.00.
- Letter of recommendation
All these documents must be uploaded before the application can be submitted.
Describe your socio-cultural background, your relevant life experiences and circumstances, and how you see them relating to this scholarship in 500 words (or less). For example, what makes you an ideal candidate for this scholarship? How has your diverse heritage shaped who you are? How would this scholarship relieve financial obstacles at this time?
Timeline for Selection
The Committee reviews scholarship applications. Diversity scholarships are limited. Not all students meeting the listed criteria will be offered the scholarship. Preference is given to students in Penn State Altoona’s service area.
- This award is for full in-state tuition.
- The scholarship may be renewed up to four years.
- Please note, when receiving any type of financial award, other financial aid may be impacted.
To renew the scholarship for future academic years, students must:
- Maintain a minimum overall GPA of at least 3.00
- Earn at least 24 credit hours each academic year
- Be enrolled or seeking to be enrolled in the Sheetz Fellows Program at Penn State Altoona.
- Meet/maintain requirements of Sheetz Fellows Program