Penn State Altoona presents work by visual art studies senior Joseph Frew

Artwork by Joseph Donald Frew

“Lost in Isolation,” an exhibition by visual art studies senior Joseph Donald Frew, will run April 21-30 in the Sheetz Gallery of the Misciagna Family Center for Performing Arts.

Credit: Joseph Donald Frew

ALTOONA, Pa. — “Lost in Isolation,” an exhibition by visual art studies senior Joseph Donald Frew, will run April 21-30 in the Sheetz Gallery of the Misciagna Family Center for Performing Arts. There will be an opening reception at 3 p.m. on April 21 in the Titelman Study of the Center. This exhibition is free and open to the public.

Frew intends to graduate with a bachelor of arts in visual art studies in May 2022. He works in a wide range of mediums, including graphite and color pencils, digital pictures, sculptures made from clay and wood, and even stone carving.

“This exhibition will be about the idea of isolation and how it has been impacting my life, as well as my experiences with it,” said Frew. “I feel that I’ve been living much of my life inside of an interesting, invisible zoo cage, with the way people look and observe me, and how I look at myself.” Frew hopes his exhibition helps people to look at isolation in a different way.

The Galleries are open Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and before and during all performances. For more information, call the Misciagna Family Center for Performing Arts at 814-949-5452.

Contact