Some tips for using the bus between the Ivyside and downtown campuses:
- Download the Amtran MyStop Mobile app. Through the app, you can access information about Amtran’s routes, stops, trips, and alerts. The myStop app is a must-have for any student who plans to use public transit.
- Always bring your Penn State ID.
- Look at the bus destination signs to find out where the bus is headed. There is a big sign on the front and side of each bus. When you are boarding downtown, make sure it says Ivyside and not Walmart or Logan Town Centre if you are heading back to campus.
- Ask the driver where the bus goes if you are not sure. You can always ask a driver if you need help. Helping customers is part of their job.
- To get downtown for a class on the hour, take the 20 after the hour bus. You will be cutting it close if you take the 20 of the hour bus. (Beginning at 5:00 p.m., service is once per hour.)
- Avoid scheduling back-to-back classes between the Ivyside and downtown campuses.
- Plan time for walking from the bus to class! The buses stop at the Transit Center downtown and you will need to walk to Devorris/Aaron and the Sheetz Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence.
For more information, visit the Amtran site.