- Office 365 is Penn State’s email service. It also offers online versions of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and more.
- G Suite includes the following core set of apps: Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Hangouts Meet and Chats, Sites, and Jamboard.
- WebApps allows you to access applications commonly found in a Penn State lab from the convenience of a web browser. Available WebApps include: ArcGIS Desktop, JMP Pro, Mathematica, MATLAB, Minitab, Microsoft Office, SAS, and SolidWorks.
- WebLabs allows you to connect to a Penn State lab computer from the convenience of a web browser. Access specialized software installed on lab computers remotely from anywhere.
- The Software page contains links to several resources that provide downloadable software that can be installed on your personal device, including the Adobe Creative Cloud app suite, Autodesk, and more.
Online Technology Training
- LinkedIn Learning provides access to a variety of online video tutorials. Learn software, creative, and business skills to achieve personal and professional goals.
- IT Learning and Development offers technology training solutions for a variety of software and apps, teaching technologies, Penn State administrative systems, and more.
Devices for Students
The Penn State Altoona IT Service Desk offers PC, Mac, and Chromebook laptops for loan to students on a short-term basis. The laptops include a standard set of programs including Microsoft Office for PC and Mac.
Visit the Computer Center, 234 Hawthorn to borrow a device.
Devices for Faculty
The Penn State Altoona IT Service Desk offers PC, Mac, and Chromebook laptops as well as Amazon Fire tablets for loan to faculty.
To request a loaner laptop please contact the Service Desk by phone, in person, or by submitting an online support ticket.
Penn State Mobile Technology Request
Students who do not have access to a computer and/or reliable broadband can log in to the IT service portal and fill out the Penn State Mobile Technology Request Form to submit a request to University IT for a loaner laptop.
Faculty who need a way to virtually work through written materials can fill out the Penn State Mobile Technology Request Form to have a technology tool, such as an iPad, shipped directly to them.
More Information for Remote Learning and Teaching
Additional information about remote learning and teaching can be found at Penn State’s Keep Learning and Keep Teaching sites.