You will use Activity Insight to enter and store the information used for the Faculty Activity Reports (FAR) that are part of your annual review, as well as for your dossiers for the promotion and tenure process.
Much of the information about the courses you've taught will auto-populate in the appropriate fields.
It’s a good idea to create a draft every so often by running a report. This will give you an idea of how entries are being formatted. To run a report:
- Click on "Run Reports" on the left-hand gray screen (it will take a few seconds to load);
- Under the "Report" drop-down menu, choose "University Dossier” or “Non-Tenure Track Dossier.*
- Make sure the dates encompass all of the dates of your entries (Some may be years in the past, while others -- such as anticipated submission dates -- maybe years into the future. If your date range does not include all of these years, the entries may not show up in your report.)
- Select your preferred citation style.
- Click "Run Report" in the top right-hand corner.
- Download dossier draft. (NOTE: Do not make revisions to this report draft; you must return to the Activity Insight system to make changes.)
- While your course and SRTE information will be automatically entered into the Activity Insight system, you should review this data for accuracy. Occasionally, there are errors in this information (such as the number of credit hours per course or missing courses). If you notice any errors, you can correct them manually in the Word document version. You can also ask the Activity Insight support team (email below) to ask them to make the correction in the system.
As you know, there is a narrative statement for you to write. In Activity Insight, please choose "Narrative Statement for P&T Review." You will submit a draft of your narrative statement to your division head as a Word document by mid-July for second-year reviews (and by April 1 for fourth-year reviews and beyond, as well as for all promotions) so that you can get feedback before submitting your dossier draft. NOTE: There is currently no option for specialized formatting (such as italics, underlining, or bold type) in the narrative statement. Unless you are fluent in HTML, you will need to add that formatting manually to the downloaded Microsoft Word version.
*There is also the option of downloading the template for each report. This might be helpful, as it gives you a blank version of the document.
Activity Insight support: [email protected]