- 2nd Place in the Penn State Behrend Invitational (315)
Penn State Altoona men’s golf placed second in the Penn State Behrend James M. Bowen Invitational on Monday, Oct. 7, by shooting 315 as a team. Junior Jimmy Gillespie (Glen Mills, Pennsylvania/Garnet Valley), freshman Ryan Marshall (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania/Peters Township), and junior Jacob Mrvos (North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania/Norwin) each shot 78 to tie for third place out of 50 individuals.
- Penn State Altoona 5, Pitt-Greensburg 0
- Penn State Behrend 7, Penn State Altoona 1
Sophomore midfielder Seif Magd (Wallingford, Pennsylvania/Strath Haven) scored a goal in each of the Lions’ two games last week.
- 1st Place in the Pitt-Bradford Panther Relays (136 points)
Freshman Ben Tilmes (Hanover, Pennsylvania/South Western) had a hand in three different first place finishes during Saturday’s Pitt-Bradford Panther Relays, helping his team win the 200 Yard Medley, 400 Yard Freestyle, and 800 Yard Freestyle Relays.
- 1st Place in the Penn State Behrend Invitational / AMCC Women’s Invitational
Sophomore Katie Pupillo (Collegeville, Pennsylvania/Perkiomen Valley) won the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference Women’s Golf Individual Championship on Monday, Oct. 7, shooting 94 to become the fifth women’s golfer in Penn State Altoona history to win the conference’s individual title.
- Pitt-Greensburg 3, Penn State Altoona 0
- Penn State Behrend 2, Penn State Altoona 0
First-year goalkeeper Kaitlyn Harmon (Sunbury, Pennsylvania/Shikellamy) combined for nine saves in the Lady Lions’ two games last week.
- 2nd Place in the Pitt-Bradford Panther Relays (42 points)
Freshman Grace Dangelo (State College, Pennsylvania/State College) was involved in three different first place finishes for the Lady Lions in Saturday’s Pitt-Bradford Panther Relays. She was part of the squad that won the 200 Yard Medley, 200 Yard Freestyle, and 400 Yard Freestyle Relays.
- Penn State Altoona 5, Mount Aloysius College 4
No. 6 seed Penn State Altoona women’s tennis edged No. 3 seed Mount Aloysius in the first round of the AMCC Tournament on Saturday, Oct. 12. Freshman Grace Butz (Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania/Stroudsburg) had wins in No. 3 doubles and No. 6 singles to help lead her team to the playoff victory.
- Penn State Altoona 3, Mount Aloysius College 0
Freshman Lydia Mock (Alum Bank, Pennsylvania/Chestnut Ridge) accounted for 15 kills, 14 digs, four assists, two service aces, and one block assist in Penn State Altoona’s big win over AMCC rival Mount Aloysius on Tuesday, Oct. 8.