Requirements for the Go-60 Program
- Students must be at least 60 years old.
- Students must be retired or working less than half-time (twenty hours or less).
- Students must be Pennsylvania residents and be in the Altoona service area of the following counties:
- The Go-60 tuition-free enrollment benefit is limited to a single one-, three-, or four-credit class per semester on a "space-available basis" only. Students must meet any course prerequisites and follow established rules, regulations, and procedures applicable to all students.
- Tuition-free enrollment in the Go-60 program applies only to the courses numbered 001 through 399. (Any 400-level course may be taken at the current tuition rate.)
- These courses can be taken only as a non-degree student.
- Go-60 students must schedule their course in the Registrar's Office (E130 Smith) or by emailing [email protected] after the non-degree enrollment date for the semester.
- Go-60 students may choose to audit a credit course instead of enrolling for a grade, which means the student follows the regular registration procedure. Go-60 students who wish to audit a course must notify the Registrar's Office at the time of registration. Students who choose to audit are still only eligible to take one undergraduate credit course per semester.
- Although students who meet the above guidelines can take undergraduate courses tuition-free, students will be responsible for fees and other costs associated with the course.
Enrolling in a Credit Course
Current Go-60 students:
- Current Go-60 students meet with Debbie Flaig before scheduling their course.
- The student completes the Registration Drop/Add Form and takes it to the Altoona Registrar’s Office.
New or returning (after a break in attendance) Go-60 Students:
- The deadline to submit a non-degree application is 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the first day of classes of that semester.
- The student should send Debbie Flaig their non-degree enrollment form for her review and confirmation that they meet the criteria for the program. Debbie will forward it to Altoona Registrar’s Office.
- The student will meet with Debbie to review courses.
- The student completes the registration drop/add form and takes it to the Altoona Registrar’s Office.
Go-60 students must purchase all required textbooks and course materials from the Penn State Bookstore