To connect alumni with Penn State Altoona, the University, and each other; and therefore, provide valued member services and support the College’s mission of teaching, research and service.
The Penn State Altoona Alumni Society will be widely recognized as the best organized, the most energetic, and the most ambitious organization of its kind within the University system. Specifically, the Alumni Society will be the leading example of how such an organization contributes to the betterment of the College and the University.
Achieving this vision will hinge on success in five major areas:
- Providing greater diversity in the broadest sense and generating a feeling of belonging and inclusivity among all Penn State Altoona alumni;
- Maintaining highest quality in programs for, and relationships with, alumni;
- Reinvigorating service to alumni and affiliate and College components;
- Engaging alumni culturally, socially, historically, and increasingly intellectually with the College; and
- Providing more student-oriented programs.
Role at Penn State Altoona
- The Alumni Society offers programs, events, and activities that meet the social, cultural, educational, and professional development needs of constituents.
- Alumni programming at Penn State Altoona is divided into five specific areas: programs and events, student interaction, philanthropy, community service, and young alumni and parents.
The Society’s Constituents
All persons who currently hold active memberships in the Penn State Alumni Association, and who have satisfied one of the following conditions will earn membership in the Society:
- Completed one semester of classes at the Altoona campus, or
- Completed two terms of classes at the Altoona campus, or
- Satisfied all requirements needed to qualify to graduate from the Altoona campus.
Society “Associate Membership” is granted to present and past faculty and staff members, parents of students, parents of alumni, and friends of the campus upon payment of dues to the Association. Associate members may not vote or hold office in this Society.
Current Board Composition
- The Board of Directors is composed of 25 members
- Individuals may serve two consecutive three-year terms
- Officers whose terms have expired remain on the Board until service concludes
Responsibilities of Individual Board Members
- Attend meetings
- Participate in events
- Promote events to others
- Serve as an ambassador of the college in the community
- Encourage philanthropic support of Penn State Altoona
- Recruit new Board members