Do you possess a piece of Penn State Altoona’s past? Do you have a unique relic related to the days of the Altoona Undergraduate Center? If so, would you like to see them preserved in perpetuity? Spearheaded by various professors, administrators, and volunteers, the Penn State Altoona Heritage Project seeks to catalogue and document episodes of our campus history. Our long term mission is to collect vintage items, hold them in a climate controlled environment, and occasionally display them to the community.
Artifacts and memorabilia we seek to collect could include:
- Program booklets from commencements, sporting activities, or special events.
- Jerseys, hats, pins, and classic collegiate apparel.
- Trophies, medals, plaques, and other awards of recognition.
- Hard copy photographs, art, or posters of campus events, people, and landmarks.
- Old classroom slides, books, furnishings, or educational materials.
- Yearbooks, campus newspapers, or related Penn State Altoona publications.
The Penn State Altoona Heritage Project makes a commitment to hold material accepted into the archives of the Eiche Library. Items will be accepted only if they are of sufficiently sound condition or have the potential to be reasonably restored.