First-year PaSSS Students
To enroll in the PaSSS program, eligible students must:
- Complete the PaSSS application.
- Commit to attending Penn State Altoona by submitting the $230 enrollment fee by May 1, 2022.
- Visit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) site. Complete a free 2021-22 FAFSA form using the Penn State school code 003329 no later than June 30, 2022, if interested in receiving federal aid for summer 2022. Students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA form at the earliest possible date. Doing so does not obligate you to accept financial aid.
Renewal of PaSSS Award
Students who meet the following qualifications may renew awards for future summer sessions:
- Successfully complete the first summer of the PaSSS program.
- Enroll as a full-time student in both the fall and spring semesters of their first year at Penn State.
- Attain a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA at the end of the spring semester of their first year at Penn State.
- To earn a scholarship award, enroll in a minimum of three and up to 12 credits during the summer session following the first and/or second year at a Penn State Commonwealth campus.
The renewal award will support up to a maximum of 12 credits scheduled during the summer sessions following the PaSSS participant's first and second year. The maximum award is $4,000 for the 12 credits.