This one-week orientation to Penn State Altoona will provide you with the tools and resources to set you up for success for your fall semester and beyond. The program runs the Sunday through Thursday prior to the first week of classes, culminating in first-year student move-in weekend. This program is provided at no cost to students, including meals and on-campus housing.
Note: on-campus housing is only provided to students residing in residence halls for the fall semester.
- Become familiar with student success resources, staff, and faculty;
- Participate in a technology academy to acclimate you to Penn State’s technology and information systems;
- Participate in a math academy to ease the transition from high school to college-level math and prepare you for your first required math course in the fall semester;
- Gain knowledge about campus facilities, classroom locations, and the surrounding community;
- Learn about financial literacy, maximizing your dining hall dollars, residence hall life, and tips for positive roommate relationships;
- Meet your classmates and build connections in a smaller setting;
- Be paired with a peer mentor;
- Feel comfortable and confident as you begin your first semester;
- Early move-in for residence hall students.