The shared ideals of how people should act toward one another, the standards to which we hold ourselves, and those beliefs we find important are the core values of our community. Penn State has identified and embraces these values:
- Integrity: We act with integrity and honesty in accordance with the highest academic, professional, and ethical standards.
- Respect: We respect and honor the dignity of each person, embrace civil discourse, and foster a diverse and inclusive community.
- Responsibility: We act responsibly, and we are accountable for our decisions, actions, and their consequences.
- Discovery: We seek and create new knowledge and understanding, and foster creativity and innovation, for the benefit of our communities, society, and the environment.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in all our endeavors as individuals, an institution, and a leader in higher education.
- Community: We work together for the betterment of our University, the communities we serve, and the world.