From Pittsburgh and West
Route 22 East and Route 220/I-99 North to Altoona. Take the 17th Street Exit.
From Harrisburg and Philadelphia
Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike to Bedford (Exit 11). Take 1-99 North to Altoona. Take the 17th Street Exit.
From Points Northeast
Take I-81 South to I-80 West. Take the Bellefonte exit (Exit 161) to merge onto US 220 South. US 220 South becomes I-99 South. Take the 17th Street Exit.
From Washington, D.C. and Baltimore
Take Interstate 495 (Washington Beltway) or Interstate 695 (Baltimore Beltway) to Interstate 270 North. Take Interstate 270 North. Take Interstate 70 West to Breezewood. Take the PA Turnpike (Interstate 76/70) West to Bedford (Exit 11). Take 1-99 North to Altoona. Take the 17th Street Exit.
From 17th St. Exit
- Take 17th St. approximately two miles to 12th Ave.
- Turn right onto 12th Ave, get in the left lane.
- Continue straight for one mile, turn left onto Juniata Gap Rd.
- Continue on Juniata Gap Rd. for approximately one and a half miles.
- Turn right into the main entrance to campus.
- Follow the lane as it veers left to the Ivy Parking Lot.
Family and friends are encouraged to arrive at least 30 minutes before the commencement procession begins to allow sufficient time to park. To avoid traffic congestion, we recommend that guests park in Juniata Gap, Hawthorn, or Upper Rider parking lots.