- All users MUST complete the EH&S laser safety training course. See a lab supervisor for more information.
- Never operate the engraver unattended. Know where the emergency stop button is located.
- Should a fire extinguisher be necessary, use the laser engraver specific Halotron extinguisher. Only use a regular extinguisher as a last resort to avoid damaging the machine. Report all fires to the supervisor on duty.
- Always make sure the exhaust fan is turned on.
- Never cut vinyl or PVC. When engraved, a corrosive agent is produced that will destroy the machine. Never use unknown materials.
- Keep the area around laser engraver clear of clutter and clean up any scrap material left inside or outside the machine.
- Reference Owner's Manual for suggested power levels and speeds for various materials.