Faculty: to add a link to your Canvas course navigation, complete the following steps:
- Enter your Canvas course section from the dashboard.
- Click on Settings from the bottom of the course navigation.
- Click Apps from the tabs at the top.
- Click the Redirect Tool icon (the arrow).
- Click the + Add App blue button.
- In the space for Name, type: Altoona Help Tool
- In the space for URL Redirect, add the link: altoona.psu.edu/help-tool
- Leave the box checked for Force open in new tab.
- Check the box for Show in Course Navigation.
- Click Add App.
The link will default to the bottom of your course navigation. To move the link to a more prominent position in your course’s navigation, complete the following steps:
- Click on Settings from the course navigation.
- Click Navigation from the tabs at the top.
- Find Altoona Help Tool. Click, drag, and drop it in the preferred location.
- You can also click the three vertical dots on the right and choose Move. From the “Move Navigation Item” screen, choose where to place the Help Tool from the dropdown menu. Click Move.
- Take this opportunity to disable any unnecessary items in the course navigation, if not already done, by clicking the three vertical dots next to each item and choosing disable. You can also rearrange the other navigation items.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save.