Penn State Altoona Women's Soccer Spring Nine-Day Tour
March 1–9, 2019
Our tour includes:
- 3 International games
- All soccer arrangements (fields, matches, referees, etc)
- Hotel accommodations
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily
- Local private transportation
- Full-time bilingual guide
- Laundry for all trainings and matches gear
- Water and Ice for each training and match.
- Community Service project
- Walking City Tour
- Community Service activity
- La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Irazu Volcano National Park
What’s not included:
- Airfare (upon request)
- Baggage fees
- Increases for fuel surcharges on airfare. (Price guaranteed until paid in full)
- Expenses caused by airline rescheduling, cancellations or delays caused by the airlines, bad weather or events beyond C.R. Sport’s control
- Optional sightseeing activities
- Personal laundry
- Tips for tour guide and coach driver
- Passport and visa fees
- Medical Travel insurance
9 days/ 8 nights---Tour Cost per person (land portion only)
Land portion cost: $1,465
- Special discount: one FREE land portion for every 15 paying participants.
- Prices valid for a minimum of 16 people. If number decreases, price may have to be adjusted.
- This price is based on triple/quad occupancy rate.
- Prices valid for teams committed by December 2018.
- All prices are in US dollars.
- This proposal is subject to availability at the time of confirmation.
Hotel room occupancy system:
- Triple: 3 people in one room sharing 2 double size beds.
- Quad: 4 people in one room sharing 2 double size beds.
- Some hotels offer an extra single rollaway bed.
- Double occupancy upgrade: Additional $400 per room for the 8 nights ($50 per night)
- November 9, 2018 | 50% of amount due for land portion
- January 4, 2019 | Remaining amount due for land portion, plus other optional sightseeing activities or any room upgrade.
Cancellation and Refund policies
Land Portion Policy
Refund: Cancellations processed 90 days prior to departure are fully refundable (does not apply for airfare). Cancellations processed 89-61 days prior to departure result in a loss of 50% of the total program fee. Cancellations made within 60 days of departure result in a loss of the total program fee. We reserve the right to cancel this tour. In such case, the entire payment will be refunded.
Replacement Participant Information: Should one participant not be able to travel on the tour, he/she may send a substitute in his/her place up to 7 days prior to the team's departure to Costa Rica the person in charge must contact CR Sports with the name of the replacement participant. If the participant cancels but does not send a replacement, the Cancellation and Refund Policy will be applied in determining how much of his payments can be returned.
Airfare Policy (if purchased through us)
Refund: Depending on the airline any payment can be nonrefundable, and in other airlines it can be refundable up to 120 days prior to arrival). Please confirm with your airfare proposal.
Replacement Participant Information: Should one participant not be able to travel on the tour, he/she may send a substitute in his/her place for a fee of $200 but the person in charge must contact CR Sports at least 30 days prior to the team's departure to Costa Rica with the name of the replacement participant. If the participant cancels but does not send a replacement, the Cancellation and Refund Policy will be applied in determining how much of his payments can be returned.
CR Sports Tours Inc. cannot be held responsible for airline routing or schedule changes or mechanical, weather or capacity related flight delays. You will receive your seating assignments at the time of check-in. Our contracts do not allow upgrades or stopovers.
Terms and Conditions
Participant waives any right or cause of action of any kind whatsoever against, and release from any liability whatsoever, CR Sports Tours Inc., and its officers, directors, employees and agents ("Released Parties") arising from participating in the tour, excepting only liability that directly arises from the gross negligence or willful misconduct of CR Sports Tours. This waiver and release shall apply to any claim of injury to person or property, including but not limited to any personal injury, death, dismemberment, mental anguish, emotional distress, loss or destruction of personal property, inconvenience or delay or disruption of services, suffered in preparation for, arrival at, during, or in departure from the trip. Participant further agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all acts of God, war (whether declared or undeclared), terrorist activities, incidents of politically motivated violence, illness or quarantine, strikes or government restrictions or the acts or omissions of any suppliers or agents over which the Released Parties have no direct or indirect control, including airlines, railways, bus companies, hotels, shipping companies, guides and sub-contracted agents or tour operators. Participant fully expects and agrees that this waiver and release agreement is also binding upon my heirs, personal representatives, executors, successors, and assigns. Participant is responsible for obtaining his/her own up to date passport. Non-US citizens are responsible for obtaining a Visa if required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a passport to go to Costa Rica?
Yes, valid passport is mandatory to enter Costa Rica.
Do I need a visa to go to Costa Rica?
U.S., Canadian, and many European citizens may enter Costa Rica without a visa. All others please consult the Costa Rican Embassy.
Is the water drinkable in Costa Rica?
Yes, you can safely drink from the tap at all of the places to which we will be traveling on our tour.
What is the currency in Costa Rica?
The Costa Rican currency is called Colon. US dollars and major credit cards are widely accepted.
About travel insurance:
All participants must be covered by an international medical insurance plan of their choice that covers them while they are in Costa Rica during their trip or even previous the trip. Each participant must make all insurance arrangements on their own. In case a participant must visit a hospital or clinic in Costa Rica during his/her trip, he or she will be asked to pay for any services rendered and then seek reimbursement through the international insurance. In the city area you will have access to the top medical private centers just about 15-30 minutes away from the hotel. The rain-forest and beach hotel also have private medical services, however the medical centers are about 30-45 minutes away from the hotel. We will provide all the transportation to and from the medical center if there is any emergency.
Are any vaccinations required for Costa Rica?
You are unlikely to encounter any serious diseases in Costa Rica. Sanitary standards are high and the health system is excellent. No vaccinations are required to enter Costa Rica.