Step 1: Internship Proposal
- Option 1
- Download the Penn State Altoona General Academic Internship Proposal (Word doc).
- The student will submit their proposal to their respective academic internship/experiential instructor for review and feedback regarding needed edits.
- The student will continue to resubmit their proposal based on the academic internship/experiential instructor’s feedback until it is approved.
- Option 2
- Contact discipline academic internship/experiential learning instructor for specific discipline process and related documents/forms.
Step 2: Register in the Nittany Lion Careers—Experiential Learning (NLC-EL) System
New for fall 2023
- Login to Nittany Lion Careers.
- Click on the Current Students button.
- Click on Experiential Learning tile.
- Click on Add New Experience.
- Complete the fields for the Experiential Learning proposal. Be sure to select Altoona College as your Experiential Learning Campus or college to complete the appropriate information.
- Upload your faculty approved Canvas Form at the bottom of the proposal.
- Students may review and edit the proposal at any time until the Academic Internship assistant and host supervisor approves it.
- Review submission to view status of the approval process.
Step 3: Course Registration
- Complete the Registration Drop/Add Form.
- Submit the completed and signed form to the discipline academic internship/experiential learning instructor for their signature.
- Submit to the Registrar's Office.
New for fall 2023
Effective beginning fall 2023, evaluation due dates are not determined by the internship start date and the internship duration. The two evaluations occur as follows:
- Mid-semester evaluation: Week seven of the semester
- End-of-Semester evaluation: Week fourteen of the semester
- When evaluations are due, the NLC-EL system will issue an email notification.
- Access NLC-EL evaluation by clicking on the link in the email or login to NLC-EL.
- Click on the Experiential Learning tile.
- Click on the appropriate evaluation to be completed.
- Submit the evaluation.
- The NLC-EL system will notify the faculty when evaluations are submitted.
- Evaluations may be reviewed at any time by faculty by visiting the NLC-EL site.