The Research and Sponsored Program Office at Penn State Altoona was created to support the faculty of the college in their pursuit of external funding for research, teaching, and service. Toward this end, the office:
- presents workshops for faculty and staff on proposal writing, identifying sources of external support, and other topics relevant to the acquisition of external support;
- maintains a close working relationship with the Office of Sponsored Programs at University Park;
- assists faculty in proposal writing and formulation of budgets; and
- can act as an intermediary between faculty on this campus and faculty, institutes, centers, departments, and colleges on other campuses of the university.
Research Advisory Committee
- Corien Bakermans, Ph.D., Biology | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Johnson, Ph.D., Mathematics | email@example.com
- Kim S. Ménard, Ph.D., Criminal Justice | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandra Petrulionis, Ph.D., English | email@example.com
- Grant Risha, Ph.D., Engineering | firstname.lastname@example.org
Conducting Research at Penn State Altoona
All research at Penn State (whether funded or not) is subject to review by the Office of Research Protections (ORP). Applications for ORP approval of research involving human participants, animal subjects, biohazardous materials, or radioisotopes should be submitted at the same time as grant applications as no funding can be obligated without those approvals.
The university has introduced a new electronic Proposal Internal Approval Form (ePIAF) to be used when submitted proposals for external funding. Two weeks prior to a proposal submission deadline, submit this form to the associate dean for research. Use the subject line "ePIAF."
This office will assist faculty and staff in completing these forms and obtaining the required approvals.