The benefits of Penn State Altoona's honors program include the following:
- Challenging and exciting coursework that will appear as Honors credits on your academic record (see curriculum page)
- Field trips to places such as the Smithsonian Institution, Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, and Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water
- Special academic seminars, arts events, and social gatherings
- Priority class registration
- Special Study Abroad benefits: Honors Students are given $500 toward any of the Altoona programs (see below)
- The Presidential Scholarship (first and second year students) and the Penn State Altoona Honors Scholarship (third and fourth year students). Both are competitive awards amounting to about $1,000 for the school year.
- Fall Achievement Awards (about $100, awarded each spring to 20 or so students)
As an Honors Student, you have unique opportunities for participating in Penn State Altoona Study Away programs. In addition to having an excellent chance to gain the competitive awards available from the Education Abroad office, the Honors Program will contribute $500 toward your costs. Apply online now! For more information, visit the Study Away/Study Abroad page.