The program coordinators are responsible to the Chancellor of the College through the office of the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and the Division Head for administering all functions specific to the degree program they represent in consultation with the pertinent department chair(s), the committees within the pertinent department(s), the members of the department(s), and all other pertinent entities of the University. The program coordinators are the primary contacts for all issues related to the degree programs they represent. Duties of the program coordinators include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Deciding which of the department’s courses should be taught for the degree program each academic session, in consultation with the pertinent department chair(s) and program committee(s). For non-departmental courses, the Division Head should be consulted.
- Organizing the advising of students enrolled in the degree program.
- Assessing and evaluating the effectiveness and quality of the degree program, in consultation with the appropriate committee(s).
- Evaluating transfer credits for upper-level courses required by the degree program, in consultation with the appropriate committee(s).
- Evaluating requests for course substitutions for the degree.
- Certifying degree completion/graduation requirements.
- Assisting students with career planning and placement.
- Approving expenditures associated with the program budget, in consultation with the degree program committee.
- Assisting with advertizing and recruiting for the degree program.