ALTOONA, Pa. — Tuesday, September 22, 2020, is National Voter Registration Day. If you are a citizen of the United States, please make sure you register to vote so that you can participate in the November general elections.
Information for Pennsylvania Residents
- If you are unsure, you can find out if you are registered to vote online. We recommend double checking that your registration is there and correct.
- If you are a Pennsylvania resident and know you need to register, visit PA Voter Registration. In Pennsylvania, the deadline to register for November elections is October 19.
- If you know you will not be able to vote in person in November, make sure to request request a ballot.
Information for Non-Pennsylvania Residents
If you are not from Pennsylvania, but are a citizen of the US, and would like to register to vote, please visit the US Government Voter Registration site.
Once you have confirmed that you are registered to vote:
- Make sure you know where to vote on election day and be sure to double check times. First, find the state in which you've registered to vote, then you'll need to provide your county and address that you used when registering to vote.
- If you cannot make it to your polling place on election day, Tuesday, November 3, you need to request an absentee ballot. You can do that online using the Pennsylvania Absentee Ballot Request or Other States (Scroll to bottom).
- Make sure you know what will be on your ballot and research candidates ahead of time. Visit Ballot Ready to figure out what candidates and issues you'll be able to vote on.