- B.S., Human Development and Family Studies, Penn State
- M.A., Adult and Community Education, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Committees: Staff Advisory Council, past chair, and Faculty Senate Representative for Staff Advisory Council at Penn State Altoona; First-Gen Advisory Council; Starfish Tenant Administrator; Care Team; Commission for Adult Learners and Hendrick Conference Planning Committee (previously).
- Teaching Experience: First Year Seminar, PSU 003
- Areas of Focus/Interests: Learning Communities, New Majority Learners, First-generation Students, Student Success, Military Students, Co-curricular Learning, Equity and Inclusion, Peer Mentors, Student Development, Student Leadership, Lifelong Learning
Erin Shumac is a success advocate, working to provide a variety of services to students experiencing challenges transitioning to higher education, including the development and implementation of success initiatives and the promotion of University tools and best practices that support retention and acclimation to the Penn State Altoona community. She started her Penn State career as a DUS student and eventually interned at Penn State in various student-focused capacities, such as academic and health and wellness interventions and disability services. After working for many years in human services, Shumac went back to school as an adult learner to earn her master’s degree. She served in student affairs at Penn State Altoona and then began academic advising at Penn State World Campus. She also served as a DUS adviser at Penn State Altoona. Shumac loves music, creativity, the outdoors, animals, and spending time with her family.