Penn State Altoona's donor recognition society, The Ivyside Society, was established by the Penn State Altoona Advisory Board in 1987 to honor and recognize those who, through their philanthropic support and personal leadership, share a commitment to the continuing excellence of Penn State Altoona.
Membership is extended to individuals, couples, corporations, and foundations who are then inducted in formal ceremonies.
The Ivyside Society consists of five categories of membership. The Ivy Circle category was created to celebrate cumulative giving of $100,000 or more. Membership in the platinum category reflects cumulative giving of $50,000 or more. The gold category reflects the cumulative giving of $25,000 or more. Cumulative giving of $10,000 or more is recognized with membership in the silver category. Contributions of $1,000 or more in a given fiscal year are recognized with membership in the bronze category.
Penn State Altoona's transformation from an undergraduate center housed in an abandoned grade school building in 1939 into a premier institution of higher learning would not have been possible without the involvement of the visionaries who constitute the Ivyside Society.