Scheduling an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor, call 814-949-5058 or use the following instructions:
- Log into Starfish.
- Find My Success Network in the navigation pane.
- This will show you all your instructors and adviser. Search services for Altoona-Career Services.
- Select a reason for the appointment—What do you need help with?
- Click next to the appointment time that fits your schedule.
Once you create the appointment, Starfish will send you an email confirming the appointment and will also send you a reminder closer to the appointment time. Your Dashboard will show the new appointment that you have created.
Canceling an Appointment
Click the x in the upper right of the appointment block on your Dashboard.
If you do need to cancel, please do so well in advance and give your Career Counselor a reason why the appointment is being canceled.
A short video explaining how to schedule an appointment is available on the Smeal College of Business site.
Topics for Appointments
- Individual career counseling to review MyPlan results and set goals
- Job Shadowing and informational interviews
- Resume and cover letter preparation and critiques
- Making the most of career fairs
- Mock Interviews
- Nittany Lion Careers – post your resume to search for jobs and internships
- LinkedIn profile critique
- Job and internship search
- Graduate and professional school assistance
Be prepared for your appointment
- Bring a rough draft of your resume and cover letter for your appointment.
- Please complete MyPlan prior to scheduling a career counseling appointment.
- Please provide a copy of your resume and the position description that you would use to craft questions for a mock interview appointment.