Welcome to the Career Services Office at Penn State Altoona. We’ve developed this web page to enhance your understanding of how we can the experiences of students while in college and after graduation.
We provide a variety of programs and services to help students:
- develop life-long career planning goals,
- explore academic programs in combination with their interests, skills and abilities in order to declare a satisfying major, and
- develop the skills necessary to:
- write effective resumes and cover letters
- perform a successful job search
- apply to graduate school
We know that college, major exploration, graduation, and job searching are stressful for students and family members alike. Our staff is prepared to help. We offer numerous services including the following:
- Individual Career Counseling
- Resume/Cover Letter Writing
- Effective Career Decision Making 3 credit course (CN ED 100)
- Career Library
- Mock Interviews
LionLink is a professional networking program that links Penn State students and alumni with alumni volunteer Career Coaches. Career Coaches provide valuable information and advice on jobs and careers to Career Explorers, who are alumni or students looking for a job or seeking career-related information. Students can access LionLink on the LionLink site.
The Career Library is open from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday and is located in 205 Slep Student Center. Library resources include materials on resume and cover-letter writing, job search strategies, interviewing techniques, salary information, jobs within particular majors, graduate school selection and much more. To ensure that all library resources are available for student use, materials can not be checked out. However, our staff will accommodate requests to copy resources on a limited basis.